What is Oaktree's commitment to sustainable office design?
- Reduce to a minimum unnecessary use of materials, resources and energy.
- Reduce to a minimum the environmental effect on all future developments and carry out an appraisal of the environmental effect of sourcing raw material.
The environmental objective for Oaktree Interiors is to create a climate of excellence not only in our products and or services, but also for our employees, persons affected by our activities and the environment. We as a business will manage our activities to minimise wherever practicable their effect on the environment and in doing so are committed at all levels, within all functions of the organisation to continual improvement. This will only be achieved through regular monitoring of our environmental performance against objectives regulated by a committed management system.
Our sustainable office design commitment extends to:
- Identify any risk of pollution arising from any of our activities, products and/or services, which shall then be either eliminated or effectively controlled to meet or exceed all regulatory requirements relating to the environment.
- Reduce waste to the lowest practicable level ensuring responsible disposal of waste created and received, undertaking environmental audits, and measuring results against established targets.
- Advocate employee involvement in all environmental matters, providing suitable training and support to all employees with regard to the environmental policy.
- Minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of our activities, products and/or services.
- Ensure that any employee, contractor or sub-contractor working on behalf of Oaktree Interiors are made aware of and have agreed to comply with this policy.
- Seek a buying policy that tries to ensure where practicable all products and/or services supplied, or provided by third parties, can be handled, stored and disposed of in a manner, which safeguards the environment and health and safety of all.
- Work towards establishing an environmental management system and subsequently carry out environmental audits on an ongoing basis to ensure compliance and provide focus for improvement.
This sustainable office design policy will be maintained as a high profile document and will be subject to a biannual review or where major changes to our business operations affect its integrity.