1. Invest in good quality audio equipment – If you want to be able to hear and be heard during your video calls, you need to invest in good-quality audio equipment. A good headset is a must-have, but if you want to take things one step further, you can also invest in a microphone and speaker set-up that will allow you to easily connect to your computer or laptop.
2. Make sure you have enough light – Lighting is important for two reasons; first of all, it ensures that other people can see you clearly on camera. But secondly, it also helps you to stay focused and alert during long video calls.If possible, set up your workspace near a window so you can benefit from natural light. If not, make sure you have a good quality desk lamp that illuminates your face well.
3. Minimise distractions as much as possible – During a video call, it's important to minimise distractions as much as possible so you can focus on the task at hand. While this is easily fixable if you're working in a dedicated room in the office, minimising disruptions while working from home can be difficult. If you have young children, make sure they are being looked after by someone else during your call. And if you live with flatmates or family members, let them know in advance when you'll be working so they don't disturb you during your call.
4. Invest in a comfortable chair – You're going to be spending a lot of time sitting down for video calls, so it's important to invest in a comfortable chair that supports your back and posture. A good ergonomic chair will help to prevent pain and discomfort during long video calls, allowing you to focus on the conversation at hand rather than shifting around uncomfortably in yourseat!
5. Add some personal touches to your space – One of the benefits that working from home has is that you can it adding personal touches to the workspace that made it feel like YOUR space. To increase comfort levels, this is something that we strongly advise you to consider encouraging, even in the office. Whether it's photos of your loved ones, plugs for all your electronic devices or even just a nice new plant, adding personal touches will help you feel more relaxed and comfortable during video calls – which will reflect in your attitude and demeanour on camera!
Creating an optimized workspace for Microsoft Teams doesn't have to be difficult – with just a few simple changes, you can transform any room in your house into a professional meeting space. By investing in good quality audio equipment, making sure there is enough light and minimizing distractions as much as possible, you'll be well on your way to success!