Many companies require a new office fit out for a variety of different reasons, often it is for expansion, occasionally to downsize, but sometimes there are other factors which can influence the location and size of office your business needs to operate at maximum efficiency. Here are some of the reasons why some companies need a new office fit out.
Reasons Why You Could Benefit From A New Office Fit Out
- Expansion – This is the most common reason for a new office fit out, when a company is successful and outgrows their current working environment. If you are taking on more employees without adequate space, even if you have enough desks, you may find your other facilities such as kitchen and rest areas will become overcrowded and parking becomes a nightmare.
- Downsizing – This may be seen as a sign of a company in decline, but actually there are many benefits of moving into a smaller office. It allows you to create new office areas which are made exactly how you want them, and you can find a place which is perfect for your workers and business. Moving into a smaller office can save you money on heating bills and maintenance costs which increase with larger buildings.
- New Facilities – Some businesses need a new office fit out to accommodate new facilities or equipment they may require. For example a company who has a developing industry where new machines are needed for continued success. This can also include a company who require meeting or conference rooms, or a bigger break-out area.
- Improve Staff Morale – Offices which have been used for a number of years can quickly become dull and even depressing if they are not given any attention. As your employees will spend a large proportion of their life within the office, making it a place they are happy working in will make people happier which will improve communication and productivity.
- Legislation/Health & Safety – There are now all kinds of regulations and legislation which are designed to protect the health and safety of workers. Also, the European Union's Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD) came into force in 2006 which was designed to encourage companies to reduce the environmental impact of their buildings. If your office fails any of these requirements, the consequences can have a huge impact on the company.
Oaktree Provide Office Fit Outs In London And Around The UK
Oaktree Interiors are office refurbishment specialists who create office interiors for companies who want a working environment which is made to their requirements. We have over 30 years of experience working with all kinds of businesses in a huge variety of office spaces. We have a team that covers every part of your office fit out, including the planning and designing stages right through to the final build.
To find out more about our great office design and refurbishment solutions, get in contact with us by email@example.com or calling 0845 474 3556.